Monday, June 28, 2010

First Day

This morning I got up and tried to come up with something to eat. Recently, I have been eating oatmeal with cut up fruit in it with some milk and brown sugar. It isn't on the whole a bad meal, but since I am trying to keep my sugar manageable, I wanted to eat something that didn't require me to add any. I came up with my dad's Awful Waffles, but I made them fat free.

2 c freshly ground whole wheat flour
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 beaten egg yolks (I used about a 1/4 c of egg beaters to make it fat free)
2 c milk
1/2 c applesauce
2 stiffly beaten egg whites

Sift dry ingredients. Combine yolks, milk and applesauce; stir into dry mixture. Fold in egg whites. Large waffle: 250 calories (from what I figured out... not sure though).

On top I cut up a peach and put some vanilla yogurt (which I know has sugar, so really it probably isn't much different from my oatmeal... but at least I don't see the sugar going in it). Over all it was about 350 calories. I was happy and full. Tonight I plan on grilling.

I decided, for exercise, to walk over the the Walmart near by so I could get some resistance bands, which from my sources are probably the most cost efficient strength training tools you can have. So after walking home in a sweat, I started my resistance training... which looking back might not have been quite as effective as I would have liked. Maybe I should look up tips somewhere....

Tomorrow: 30 Day Shred video.

No comments:

Post a Comment