Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hiking up the mountain

The last few days were spent hiking up a mountain. It is the 4th highest mountain east of the Mississippi (I think). So total our hike was about 6.5 miles.



The previous weeks of working out really paid off on this trip. It was beautiful, and I was able to enjoy it without feeling the pains in my body as I have on past hikes. I am looking forward to doing more hikes like this in the future with my family. One of the neatest experiences about hiking to such great heights is the serenity and calm you feel, that you worked so hard and only a precious few have experienced these same things.



I am headed off to the beach tomorrow to swim, kayak, build sand castles, walk the beach, bike ride and anything else that is pleasant and wonderful. I hope that I can be equally as successful with my eating habits as I have been with my fitness. It has been hard, but I am trying to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment