
I would like to quote a bit from it....
"Body image is a term used to describe how you see your body. It is a state of mind that can affect confidence, not only in regard to how you look, but also how you feel about yourself, which can affect your physical and mental health.
Unfortunately, many women have poor body image; even those who are beautiful, thin, fit bodies can look in a mirror and criticize themselves for their imperfections (that are often out of proportion to how they look) rather than their strengths. In contrast, women who have positive body image are confident in knowing that, no matter what the weight on the scale, they are fit, strong, healthy, and beautiful.
....
The best way to have a positive body image is to feel positive about yourself as a person. Stay active, exercise regularly, and feel strong and fit. Nurture your muscles, feed them healthy food, and maintain goals for your life and achievements. Wear clothes that flatter you; have friends who flatter you also."
She goes on to talk about other women's issues with weight and fitness, but I felt that is section was very nice. I generally have a positive body image, but as I go through this process I have to remember that it isn't just being skinny that is important (if it were my body image would be really bad right now :) but it is to be healthy and active. With that in mind any step closer, every workout, every veggie I eat.. helps me be a fit, strong, healthy, and beautiful wife and mother.
I am getting really interested in learning more about women's health, and the specific needs women have physically. If anyone knows of some good books... pass them along. I would love to read them.
Soon, I will hopefully meet with a dietitian just to make sure I am eating the right stuff. I believe that I am, but it is always nice to hear it from someone else too.
p.s. Right now I am eating a delicious slice of garlic & herb Laughing Cow light cheese with (instead of crackers or pretzel thins) slices of cucumber. It is tasty. Total calorie count... 50 kcal YAY!
p.s.s. My calves are looking spectacular :)
No comments:
Post a Comment